Franklin Street Fair

  Today we went to Franklin (I was mistaken in the first post when I said the street fair was going to be in Spring Hill) and attended the street fair. There were many booths selling artwork, jewelry, food items, clothing, and other items. The crowd was large, orderly, and friendly. There was a real positive vibe to the whole day. We lucked out for lunch and found a table that had just been vacated outside in the shade so not only could we eat, but we were also able to people watch. The food was good and reasonably priced. After we had ice cream and we started making our way back to the shuttle one of those moments of pure serendipity occurred. I spotted someone I knew. First, a little background. In the late 1990s Dianne and I were in the adult chorus at Carondelet High School. A neighbor of ours, Shawn Johnson, who had a daughter who attended Carondelet was in the chorus with us. Shawn moved to Franklin, Tennessee in the mid 2000s and Dianne and I actually spent a night at her house the first time we came to visit my sister Sue and her family around 2008. I thought it would really be a bit miraculous if I came across her today. Well, miracles still happen. I saw a woman I thought looked like Shawn and then I saw her daughter Keira and we had a very happy reunion. What a blessing. My family was pretty stunned that I met someone I knew in Franklin, Tennessee. 

  Tonight we had another family meal and lots of laughs as we played a round of 5 Crowns after dinner. It was a really good day and I look forward to what tomorrow has in store for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up From Abingdon, Virginia

Addendum To Abingdon Post